A VERY WARM WELCOME AT THE RED LION, PRESTON
Please keep eyes on the website and on our Facebook page for upcoming events. Now on #Twitter too! @RedLionPreston
The pub is the heart of Preston’s community and stands proudly as the first example of a community-owned public house anywhere in the UK, having been bought from Whitbreads in the early 1980’s. Please have a look at our Scrapbook section on the website.
We are proud of the wonderful offering we have in terms of a freshly prepared and varied menu – much of it locally sourced – and a wonderful selection of award winning real ales, wines and spirits.
The Red Lion still thrives today today as a successful community enterprise over 25 years after the venture was originally started; an accomplishment we are all very proud of. We are supported by wonderful patrons from within the village but have loyal and regular customers from much further afield who appreciate what a real country pub can offer.
Come along and see for yourself.
Ray & Jo Lambe have created a hugely welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, serving a wide range of ever-changing and award-winning ales, wines and spirits as well as an outstanding menu of fresh, locally sourced dishes.
The Red Lion, Preston - voted The Good Pub Guide - Value Pub Of The Year 2014
"With its interesting choice from hearty pub staples to imaginative vegetarian, fish and game, The Red Lion at Preston - which was the very first of the UK's community-owned pubs - is Value Pub Of The Year. This is a homely village local with changing beers, fair-priced food and neat colourful garden"
- Sunday 29th Jan - QUIZ NIGHT - In Aid of the Albany Bassets
- Come and see how clever you really are. Get your team together and get your starter for ten....£5 per head
- Thursday 9th Feb - Wine Tasting Evening
- Colombier Vins Fins Ltd will be at The Red Lion for a "blind tasting" session with over 10 wines to snifter, swill and slurp. A leisurely evening and the chance to sample some amazing wines; most of which aren't available in the shops.
- Saturday 11th Feb - "The Dukes of Earl" LIVE from the Bay Window
- ....Classics from the 50's, 60's 70's. You beauty...
SEE What’s On page for more...